Wednesday, November 28, 2007

uhhhhhhh!

To be totally honest with you, I want to say today was a glorious day, and it could have been, but it really wasn't. You now are asking yourself, well, why Betty, what went wrong? And then I proceed to answer! Today, when I awoke first off, the sun was shining sooo bright, and that was just great right there, and then, I had the privilege of having 3 hours without my 5 and 3 year old, because they were at pre-school! Another plus!!! I had nothing on my agenda, no where to go, no deadlines to make, just some down time on a beautiful day!! So, now you are asking, why did you not have a glorious day, those are enough reasons to make a glorious day! Yes, I know, the girls behaved, my three old cat napped, my 11 month old powered napped, my 5 year old played! Again you ask, but what went wrong? You know, I did have a perfect day, literally, perfect, millions of people would have done anything for a day that I had, and you want to know what went wrong, it was MY ATTITUDE!!!!! I am a pretty even keeled kind of girl, not too many downs do I have, but today, my attitude felt different, and I myself was a little confused. So, here at the end of the day, I look at where I went wrong, and you know, plain and simple, I have the answer for you, it was because I did not choose to give my day completely over to the Lord, starting this morning. I know there is soooo much today I missed, all because of my thought life and attitude! I didn't see the "Happy" in the "Happy Meal" today, (cheeseburger happy meal that is). I regret my attitude today, because I could have been used , and I was not. I may have missed an open door because I chose not to put my every being in God's hands today!! I know He walks with me regardless, but He soo desires our communication and He desires for us to put Him first in our lives!! Tomorrow morning, it may be raining when I awake, the girls may be grouchy and pooey, but you know what, He gets me first, I get to place it ALL in His hands! I get to give Him my thoughts and attitude and schedule, and all He wants from me is me:)

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Amen sister! It is sooo hard as a mom (and probably any other profession too) If I haven't already planned to spend time with Him in the morning, I oftentimes don't. Every minute gets filled up with less important things and my attitude heads south. And before I know it, it is bedtime and I am too tired to do anything that isn't completely mindless! Good for you for recognizing and wanting to take control of your priorities!